CGS Canadian Geotechnical Achievement Project
This year, as it’s the 150th anniversary of Canada’s Confederation and the 70th anniversary of the Canadian Geotechnical Society, the CGS would like to compile a list of "Canadian Geotechnical Achievements". We are asking CGS Members, Sections, Divisions, Standing Committees, the Geotechnical Research Board, and/or any organization (company or university) to submit what they consider to be a Canadian Geotechnical Achievement (a project or another form of achievement), from any period of Canadian or pre-Canadian history.
We would love to receive a cross-section of achievements, new and old, from all across Canada, and hope to showcase a number of these achievements during GeoOttawa 2017 this fall.
Please submit any and all suggestions (as many as you would like) to Lisa McJunkin at the CGS National Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 31, 2017. Each submission should be limited to one page (plus a photograph if possible), and include:
- the name of the achievement;
- its geographical location;
- when it began, or was completed (if known);
- why you think it is a Canadian geotechnical achievement;
- a definitive reference (if known);
- a photograph (if possible, and one that can and may be reproduced; plus
- the name and/or organization of the submitter and contact details.